Wednesday 25 November 2020

If you use FaceTime change your password regularly

 Just a heads up. I will never call you unless it is a pre arrangement. I prefer to use Skype or phone.

I am not a fan of FaceTime, Zoom or most social media platforms due to their poor security. I have had people asking me to use both. So far I have only done a handful of FaceTime calls. However I need to let you know, that I will not call anyone unsolicited. I will only contact a client because we have an appointment scheduled, which is confirmed by email and either one of us can call the other at that appointed time. Not after!

I have had two unsolicited FaceTime calls one on 17 November 2020 and one today 25 November, I tried to answer but the person started typing , “who are you?” they were understandably upset.

I responded by email address and on FaceTime by text stating that it was them that called me on both occasions. I told them, I suspected they were hacked. That has nothing to do with me. I suggested they change their password regularly. I am not the sort of person that tolerates hackers or people with negative intentions either. 

I am now advising everyone to keep changing their passwords for all social media on a regular basis. It is a no brainer honestly. Especially when you know that someone is probably trying to hack you. Never tell your loved ones your passwords for anything, because  nine times out of ten it is someone close to you doing this.

Stay safe and stay protected, also invest in security for your devices, and if this is a domestic problem tell the police.