Saturday 30 May 2015

Little Johnny: Chip and Dip joke


                  Little Johnny's sales approach


>>>> The kids filed back into class Monday morning . They were very excited. Their weekend assignment was to sell something, then give a talk on productive salesmanship.
>>>>
>>>> Little Sally led off: "I sold girl scout cookies and I made $30," she said proudly, "My sales approach was to appeal to the customer's civil spirit and I credit that approach for my obvious success."
>>>> "Very good," said the teacher.
>>>> Little Jenny was next: "I sold magazines," she said, "I made $45 and I explained to everyone that magazines would keep them up on current events."
>>>> "Very good, Jenny," said the teacher
>>>> .
>>>> Eventually, it was Little Johnny's turn. The teacher held her breath...
>>>> Little Johnny walked to the front of the classroom and dumped a box full of cash on the teacher's desk. "$2,467" he said.
>>>> "$2,467!" cried the teacher, "What in the world were you selling?
>>>> "Toothbrushes," said Little Johnny.
>>>> "Toothbrushes!" echoed the teacher, "How could you possibly sell enough tooth brushes to make that much money?"
>>>> "I found the busiest corner in town," said Little Johnny, "I set up a Chip & Dip stand and gave everybody who walked by a free sample. They all said the same thing, "Hey, this tastes like dog crap!"
>>>> Then I would say, "It is dog crap. Wanna buy a toothbrush? I used the government approach of giving you something shitty for free, and then making you pay to get the taste out of your mouth."