Saturday 10 August 2013

The Phantom of then Opera at the Canberra Theatre on opening night

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-news/the-phantom-of-the-opera-is-here-20130807-2rh3p.html

                                                    

Wow, what can I say. This show was beautiful, so romantic and fulfilled my expectations within minutes of the curtain going up. Not just the stellar cast of actors, but the orchestra also. What amazing and talented people. The whole show took my breath away. I have always loved this musical and watching  this show was one of the biggest highlights of my life.The actors last night had the most amazing voices and I had goose bumps just listening to them.

I was sitting in the middle of the theatre with a good view of the stage. The special effects were such a surprise. I won't tell you what happened, as I do not want to spoil it for those that have not seen the show and intend going.
This show is a must see, for all lovers of theatre. The audience covered wide age group too, and I am sure that this will be a popular show for ever.

 If you can not go to the theatre to see this, then I strongly recommend the 2004 movie staring Gerry Butler as the Phantom, he plays the part well. This dvd is a must have as is the sound track.