Saturday 10 February 2018

Fibromyalgia



This condition has times where it flairs up suddenly. It is a hidden illness. Yes, it is affecting my life in a big way. But I will not let it beat me or define me, and I am looking for a cure. I am one of the lucky ones. I can still walk unaided and intend to stay that way.

I have lost a lot of power in my hands with this condition, which was exactly what happened to me at the age of 19 after being badly injured in a car accident in 1984.

I don't get special parking spots, I just do the same as everyone else when shopping.
I can't carry shopping bags without being in pain. I use a shopping trolley  up to my car to unload my shopping. I rest when I get home after unpacking the shopping. Because I am in pain all over, and exhausted.

Life goes on, but like I said I am one of the lucky ones, sometimes, I can't do house work because I am exhausted and in pain. So be it, if I have to slow down then I slow down. Sometimes in life we have to make adjustments. 😊

The general public and the medical profession need to get behind Fibro sufferers, and not be at our throats. Remember, "there for go I but for the grace of god".
 Life can change in a heartbeat, speaking from experience from the age of 19, my life has been changed. It could be much worse, but hey. It is what it is.

I have a wonderful supportive husband and son. I am grateful for that. I can laugh at myself with this or I can cry. I like to laugh so that is what I will do. 😁

I have my twisted sense of humour to keep me going. Got to admit I love the smell of deep heat ointment too.

Some people may find a good remedial massage will help them. Ya gotta do what works for you!
Take the time out and rest and give yourself some TLC. You do not need permission for this. This is mandatory therapy.

If other people are putting you down and disputing your condition, ditch them. You don't need the negativity or ignorance in your life. You have the right to have loving supporting people in your life.
Don't let their negativity  bring you down to their level.

Simples!! As Aleksandr says.
Just tacking this link on here at the end I cam across this on 26 /2/18.