Saturday 28 February 2015

Goodbye Our Beloved Tolstoy: Angel Cat


 
 
Tonight we said goodbye to our beautiful Norwegian Forrest Cat, Tolstoy. After a battle with cancer 4 years ago resulting in the loss of a hind leg, I just knew that was not the end of the Cancer. When the vet said I think we got it all. I just knew that was not the case. Tolstoy was given the gift of 4 extra years to be with us. He had lost a lot of weight just recently and I knew what that meant, I just did not want to accept this. Over the past week he has been indoors all day, instead of being on the back patio and enjoying his garden. Yesterday he seemed to be lifeless and just lying on the floor. Sadly my day was so busy with other issues that I didn't think that this was the end. Today we noticed the laboured breathing and listlessness. When I tried to pick him up he was in pain. It is heartbreaking to suddenly know that this is it, I must take him to the vet. So all of the family rushed to the vet with Tolstoy. Tears running down our faces. We love Tolstoy so dearly and this has taken us all so suddenly that we are still reeling from the shock.                                                                     
   
 
 
 
I am not prepared for this loss, spirit did not tell me this was going to happen either. Talk about     kicking someone when they are down on their knees. My family have been going through pure hell over the past 3 years and just when we think it can't get any worse, we lose our beautiful Angel Cat.
 
I know it wont be long now until our Slinky leaves us, he is 17 and will be 18 in July. All my cats are very aware of Tolstoy's passing and the look in their eyes says it all. Daisy my little girl cat, was like   Tolstoy's wife. They were a pair and liked eachother's company. Tonight she is in her little bed looking so lost. It breaks my heart to see her sad.     
 
Rest in peace Tolstoy until I come for you my angel XXX