Friday 30 September 2016

My Trip To Beechworth, Victoria

Last week was my birthday and my wonderful husband surprised me with a weekend at Beechworth in Victoria. This is a beautiful historic town founded in the Gold Rush era. Made famous by the hanging of the Bushranger Ned Kelly.

We stayed at a fantastic B & B called La Pausa (now called the Graces). This place is to die for, and a lovely lady called Elaine that runs the place, was the perfect hostess, nothing was too much trouble for her.





We had the most wonderful time and the bedroom was very romantic in its décor. If you go to Beechworth this is a must stay place it has a warm and friendly atmosphere. I can't wait to go back here one day and I most definitely will.


If you are into lovely old world charm there is a fantastic tea room called Moments and Memories Tea Room, which is right around the corner from La Pausa. I can guarantee you will fall in love with the tea room. wonderful home made fair and served with fine bone china. Every table in the tea room is set with charming tablecloths and all the essential items that are conducive to the romantic atmosphere of a good tea room. The tea is proper loose tea from a wholesaler and to say it is excellent is an understatement indeed. The wonderful hostess advised me that the tea can be purchased and mailed to your home if you like. How outstanding is that ladies and gentlemen?



My photos of the tearoom do not do it justice, it is a beautiful tearoom. So if you love the romantic stuff and visit Beechworth it is a must do. I believe there is a Celtic festive there in November and there will be plenty up coming events. It would be a long weekend well spent if you went there any time of year for a long weekend. so many places to eat at, you will be spoilt for choice.  Pubs on every corner that have dining facilities and quality food.

There is also a massive sweet shop there to indulge the inner child, I sure did. I even bought a little plush toy of Hunca-munka (a little mouse with a baby) from the Beatrix Potter  stories. Don't forget the old Goal where Ned Kelly was hung it is a place worth visiting too, there is so much to see and do in the area. But please book ahead as this place gets booked out months in advance due to the popularity of the town as a tourist destination.