Tuesday 11 August 2020

When arranging a Skype reading with Alex

 Hi peeps

Just a heads up, when arranging a Skype reading with me it is best that you send me a friend request on Skype. I am finding all too often there are thousands of people with the same name 😮 or sometimes the client has a totally different name on Skype. That makes it impossible for me to send you a friend request. 

I usually ask my client via email to send me a friend request as soon as contact is made and provide my Skype address in the email,  but it is also on my email signature, as well as on my website, Facebook page and blog. This is to be more time efficient. 😀

Not every one is familiar with how to use Skype, so I like people to download the free app  a day before the reading, and play around with it to get the feel of it. It is a wonderful tool to use, which includes an "ECHO SOUND TEST". This is a tool that lets you practice and even record and play back as well as adjusting the volume to a level that you like. 😀 Pretty nifty huh!

One hiccup I have found though is when people download it to a phone then walk about during the consult, the call can be a bit fragmented because the signal can drop in and out. You  really need to sit still or the reception is not too good. That is why it is much better on a pc or similar device.💡

The record facility is there so you can download your reading/ conversation to play back later. The Skype app will only hold the recording for 30 days and then deletes it. So you need to download it to your device after the call ends. You also have the choice of voice only or camera to see each other.  To access the record facility just click or tap on the lower right hand side of your screen and the icons will pop up.😀

I do not use other platforms other than Skype, as I do not trust the security of other social media platforms such as Zoom, which does not have a good reputation for security.  Any hoo thank you for taking the time to read this.


Alex