Sunday 29 November 2020

The need for cats!

 It has been just over a month since we said good bye to Daisy. I am feeling the loneliness of  not having a cat in the house. I always joke and say, when you have cats you never go back 😻😻😻 it is so true in my case. I am pining for a cat. 

The problem is how will our Jack Russell, Ruby react. Not all dogs accept a cat in the house, especially if they have been used to being cat free. Ruby did grow up with four cats in the house, and one by one they died.  I know she needs time to be an only fur child, but I just need a kitty again. Hubby is a bit reticent about a new kitty or two. He did say if we got more cats we should get two kittens. Ding, I retained that thought, lol.

I had a cat phobia when I was young, but fed stray cats. I mean cats are very cute, so I just had to feed the dear little strays. But I was never able to pick up a cat, as I was terrified of being scratched. I was 29 when I first got a cat. And later when moving to Canberra a good friend had two beautiful Siamese cats that were elderly. I just fell in love with them and I think that was the moment I realised that my feline phobia  was gone. Eventually having four cats at the one time. On top of two terriers. And hence Le club hairy boy was born 🤣🤣🤣

Roll on November 2020 and I feel the acute loss of all of my kitties.  I have had so many dreams of my kitties that have passed away and miss them terribly. I think I must be driving hubby nuts because he gets a bit grumpy when I mention kittens. He is just worried about how Ruby will react and if she would hurt the kittens. 

It did take our last Jack Russell two weeks to get used to Slinky when he arrived as a 10 month old from the RSPCA. He did take time adjusting to each cat that came to live with us, but he did get used to them.

Gromit, his brother was never a problem with cats, but he was a Silky cross border terrier. He was pretty good with cats, he played with them and slept on our bed with them. Ruby is very much like Gromit except she is very territorial over the parental bed. She sees it as her bed and won’t tolerate cats on the bed, and thus I have a problem. I like to sleep with cats and dogs on my bed and so does hubby. We were used to musical beds, as in we never knew what fur babies we would wake up next to, lol. They all took it in shifts every night. I miss those days very much. So now what to do after Christmas, I was wanting to get two kittens but no doubt Ruby may refuse to let them in the bedroom. Boy it does my head in as I desperately want more cats.