Saturday 24 October 2020

Peacock strut


I took this photo yesterday on my phone at a garden centre. This particular garden centre has a few peacocks wandering around. They are a much loved attraction and people come from far and wide to see them. The Canberra suburb of a Narrabundah, which is not far from here has some peacocks living there wild. They originally escaped from a private owner, but no one is exactly sure who that was. The reason being, both the National Zoo and Aquarium have some and so does the garden centre in the suburb of Pialligo near the airport.

So they set up home in Narrabundah many years ago and have become a popular attraction in the area. It is fantastic to get up close to this particular peacock at Willow Tree nursery in Pialligo. The cute little chap was turning on the charm as I took a few photos. Then he started to strut off along the car park and turned around to look at me, as if to say follow me. Naturally I followed and got a short video and some photos. He was a very obliging little chap.